From: bacollins@verinettech.com [mailto:bacollins@verinettech.com]
Sent: 30 July 2002 21:33
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Domain Name routing

He is testing you guys. All he wants to do is to get his PC to show his web
site behind the firewall. It is a single or at the most 3 PC's. Like I said
he can turn his AS400 into a DNS server for his internal network. If he
knew how to setup a DNS don't you think he would have already done that. If
he was experienced with DNS he probably never would have asked that
question. We should try to give options to people, some are good, some not
so good, but they need to have all options and then they can make an
informed decision. Criticizing others for there comments is unprofessional.

You could have worded you response to leave out the phrase  "No offense,
but telling people to modify host files is the wrong direction" and would
have made the same point.

If you pay attention to list and the people that respond to the questions
you would find that the greatest majority are from a select few. I am sure
that  David could supply us with statistics on who the most prolific
responders are. Most on the list are intimidated by the list and are afraid
of responding to or asking a question. They think that if they do then they
may get comments that could embarrass them. Me, I am like Don Rima. You
could not embarrass me if you tried and I do not care one bit about your
comments. What I do take "offense" about is what you do to the list. You
keep others that may have wanted to respond to a question to help someone
or ask a question from doing so. If  you think it is wrong then pose your
point without dis-respecting others.

nuff said

Bruce "Hoss" Collins

                      rob@dekko.com
                      Sent by:                  To:
midrange-l@midrange.com
                      midrange-l-admin@m        cc:
                      idrange.com               Subject:  Re: Domain Name
routing

                      07/30/2002 02:09
                      PM
                      Please respond to