Wellll, not exactly true. In the lab at IBM I had an
LPAR setup in V5R1 that just happened to hit the right
boundary condition, so that even a D IPL did not work. I
don't remember the values, but it was on the 3rd of 3
partitions. This was fixed, but it could be that you
don't have the PTF. I don't know how this showed up in
the real world, where I am now.