From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of David Gibbs
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 11:11 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Appache Extension for FrontPage

"Jeff Silberberg" <jsilberberg@mindspring.com> wrote in message
001501c21b83$71832100$10c810ac@NewDesk">news:001501c21b83$71832100$10c810ac@NewDesk...
>         I have read this three times, and I am not really sure what you
are
> asking. I use FP to publish via FTP to my 170 all the time and have had no
> problems since I setup the FTP server on the 170.  However, if you are
> looking for ASP support and/or FP extensions then that is totally
different
> issue. Apache supports plug ins like Chilisoft for some of this support
and
> the individual admin would have to determine what support is appropriate
and
> configure that into the instance.

Frontpage extensions are a lot more than just publishing content.

There's security management, pluggable web automation, collaborative
development, etc.

I think it would be a find thing for someone to port frontpage extensions to
apache on the 400.  Contact Ready to Run software
(http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/) to see if they can/will do it.

david

--
David Gibbs