From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Joe Lewis
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 8:32 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Auto answer messages (out of nowhere)

Out of nowhere my AS/400 is now auto answer messages.  The following is
an example.

    Message ID . . . . . . :   CPA3394

    Load form type 'OMEM0101' device PRT01 writer PRT01.  (G B I H R C)
                 Reply . . . . H

There are no entries for CPAxxxx in the System Reply List Entries (other
then CPA0700 which does a Dump).  We can only print form type *STD now.
This is a small shop, just me.  I am total lost.  I re-IPL the computer
(As we do every Sunday night).  I looked that everything I know.  The
only odd thing I did find was message for 5722SS1, QTOCSRV 0003.

    * Software problem data for QTOCSRV has been logged. Refer to help
    text for
    *   additional
    information.

Model number: 170
Processor feature: 2291
OS: v5r1 (Loaded in Jan 2002 / Last PFT was applied in Jan 2002).

Thanks for any help,
Joe Lewis
I. Spiewak & Sons