Re: Communication question...

fixed

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, John Ross wrote:

> There is Dynamic DNS for windows 2000 that works with DHCP. I have never
> seen it and do not know anything about it. There are probably better links
> to it
> http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q246804&;

This is no good if you have systems that cache DNS entries to speed things
up on your network.  If you spread your DNS around your network to reduce
load on your DNS servers and to provide redundant and more robust service
then you just create headaches if you do dynamic DNS like this.

James Rich
james@eaerich.com