Thks,

It sort of got me further, and gave me what i wanted,
but not what actually i needed ( there's a song in there somewhere..:-))

I needed to do a SETLL type of thing to only match a
header record - Read equal on partial key.

I only need to select/insert one CUSPD record for every
distinct 1st key ( of 5 keys total) in ARTMS.

The below gave me the correct no of key records, eg:
690 records out of 4800 total in ARTMS00F

SELECT  distinct zcdke1
FROM IAN.CUSPD00F a, pilotshr.ARTMS00F b
         WHERE    BRECTY = ZRECTY AND
                  BCDKE1 = ZCDKE1

CUDPD00F has about 1480 records, and i want to
write those that match the 690 from above.

In other words, end up with 690 records of * from CUSPD00F

I tried one way ( using IN ) and ended up with >60000 records
( and still going..) using.

select *
from ian.cuspd00f
where bcdke1 in

above the subselect.
====================

Tried below

SELECT DISTINCT b.zcdke1, a.BPRICE,a.BDISC1,
a.BDISC2,b.ZRECTY
 FROM ian.CUSPD00F a,
pilotshr.ARTMS00F b
 WHERE a.BRECTY = b.ZRECTY AND a.BCDKE1 = b.ZCDKE1

And gets me somewhere, but im not sure if DISTINCT only operates
on b.zcdke1, or ALL selected fields.

Or i am still way off??

Any ideas??

Ian.