In my mind, the key question isn't whether the iSeries box is central to the IBM
hardware strategy.  It is whether iSeries-based software and operational skills
will be useful in the eServer of the future;  this vision of server
consolidation sure seems to be exceedingly complex;  I wonder whether today's
midrange customers will be willing or able to deal with it...

Hopefully Kim's call will be able to set our minds at rest, because right now
the IBM strategy looks awfully scary, despite all the talk about eLiza...

Janet Krueger
Rochester

"Anne Lucas" <alucas@us.ibm.com> on 04/27/2002 09:54:49 AM

Please respond to midrange-l@midrange.com