Vernon,

Files1 and 2 do not join in the manner you specified.

The three fields in File2 (F2A, F2B and F2C) would have to be concatenated
to join with F1A (or F1A would have to be substringed.)

That is the part that is throwing me, as I have never coded something like
that before in a SELECT.

Thanks

Mark

                      Vernon Hamberg
                      <vhamberg@attbi.co         To:
midrange-l@midrange.com
                      m>                         cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject: Re: How do I code
this in a SQL SELECT?
                      midrange-l-admin@m
                      idrange.com

                      04/03/02 11:11 AM
                      Please respond to
                      midrange-l

Nothing fancy here, it seems. Just join in the order given.

select F1A, F1B, F1C, F2F, F3B
from FILE1 join FILE2 on F1A = F2A and F1B = F2B and F1C = F2C
      join FILE3 on F2E = F3A
where F1C = 'XYZ' and F3C = 'Y'