Hi,

To give you a truly crisp reply, I need to have access to a system, which I
do not have here.  I will not be back in the office until next Tuesday.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    Evan Harris
                    <spanner@ihug.co.nz       To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    >                         cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: go restore optn
21 source code
                    midrange-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    03/27/02 02:39 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Al

Note that I am not disputing what you say just searching for some clarity
<g>

If I RSTUSRPRF for _all_ user profiles on a system can I then restore some
libraries from a save and RSTAUT then restore some more libraries and run
another RSTAUT ? This would allow me to recover, for instance, my order
entry applications and leave the reporting applications till later in the
recovery. I certainly remeber doing this on a B60 and D60 after the RSTLIB
and then again after the RSTDLO.

As I understand it, if I restore all the user profiles, then each object
that I restore will have all the profiles specified in its authority table
in existence at restore time. I understand that RSTAUT does something
like  rebuilds the internal references between the objects authority table
and the user profile internals allowing the object to be used as designed.

My experience is that the above works and is what is documented and that is
what I was referring to. I'll have to check the manuals later today, but
are you saying this won't work or some other process ?

I was not referring to the idea of restoring some user profiles then
restoring others later (how would you actually do that ?) just the strategy
of staging the restores form one system save to return the system
partially.

Regards
Evan Harris

midrange-l@midrange.com