Jan asked:

>I am trying to use the inline data file
>function within CL. I have been to Infocentre,
>to the archives (on midrange and on
>comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc), as well as
>some other resources. Where can I
>find an example of the use of this function?
>
>I am trying it on a system that is at V4R4M0,
>SECLVL 40, and it is giving me 'Not allowed
>in this setting'. Checked the environments where
>allowed to run and there are no conflicts.

It sounds like you're seeing this within SEU.  Where I used to use this
function was within a job stream.  You can use QCLSRC but make it a member
type of CL not CLP.

File management has a bit on inline data files:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v5r1/ic2924/info/dm/rbal3mst17
1.htm#HDRINLDF

Here is a quick RPG sample:
 * Test inline data file - 80/80 list
 * The following job stream will run this.  Put in QCLSRC, mbrtype CL
 *   //BCHJOB JOB(LIST8080)
 *   CALL INLINE
 *   // DATA SEQ
 *   here is line one
 *   here is line two
 *   //ENDBCHJOB
 * The following command will submit this:
 *   sbmdbjob qclsrc inline
Fseq       ipe  f   80        seq
Fqsysprt   o    f   80        printer oflind(*inof)
iseq       aa  01
I                                  1   80  inpData
Oqsysprt   d    01
O                       inpData             80

  --buck