For those  in  Global  commerce  it is  important to  minimize
/control  downtime  for  backups and planned events[PTFs]. If one does HA
into another partition then backs up from there without  any loss
of  production for backups  as an example. Truly this is not HA but
increased availability as single  points of  failure still exist.
People  do this for DR as well as HA. They also  do it for server
consolidation, etc etc

There are several justified reasons to  do LPAR and BobL. might have a few
others then this type Global business logic.