Dave,

I'm looking at references for V5R1, so if you're at V4R5 and there's a
discrepancy, I apologize.

My first reaction is that I don't see an interface parameter on your
line description.  The default is *RS232V24 and that should be switched
to *INTMODEM.  Is it possible for you to recall and post the command
string you used to create the Line Description.  Even though there is no
interface parameter listed, that strikes me as a likely cause of the
error you are receiving.

Are you using the CRTLINASC command, or are you doing this through
Operations Navigator?

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse