Not bad t'all, Al...!

<snip>

| iSeries watchers give predictions for 2002

<snip>

|      iSeries Nation will disappear. Although Anne Lucas, IBM
| project executive
| for iSeries Nation, has said she plans to double the citizenship of the
| program in 2002, some users are skeptical that it will survive the year at
| all. “iSeries Nation will fade away into nothingness, if it
| hasn’t already,”
| says Bradley Stone, president, BVS Tools, Mankato, MN.

<snip>

| The Insider’s list of 2001’s biggest iSeries market influencers
|
|      Buell Duncan, vp of midmarket servers, IBM. Duncan has spent the last
| year working to improve the proprietary reputation of the box.
| Fighting the
| losses from Y2K, Duncan helped guide the iSeries to see a 10%
| increase in revenue
| year-to-year in Q3. From asking shops to call him when they have
| a problem to
| his strong investment in the marketing of the platform, Duncan
| has shown that
| he is as dedicated to the platform as the average AS/400 user.
|
|      Kim Stevenson, vp of iSeries marketing, IBM. Fighting the proprietary
| reputation of the iSeries with both hands tied behind her back,
| and following
| a tough act in Malcolm Haines, Stevenson has proven that the
| iSeries can be
| marketed. From spots on World Business Report and the tech television show
| .Com, to full-page ads for iNotes for Outlook, Stevenson has fought to
| introduce the box to shops outside the install base. The question
| now is will
| her efforts to reach the masses translate into greater
| marketshare.

I guess that question was answered by Brad Stone, since the iNation is the
way to accomplish this.  Well, you could very well be right, Brad...  Really
going out on a limb with that prognostication, like Bob C's prediction on
Java...

Don't mean it's gonna happen that way, though.

<snip>