Hey, just curious,   Does anyone know what Reason Code 1 means in the
following CPF message?

-------------------------------------
Message ID . . . . . . :   CPI432C
All access paths were considered for file  MYLGL .

.......  Following each access path name in the list is a reason code which
explains why the access path was not used.  A reason code of 0 indicates
that the access path was used to implement the query.

  MYLIB/MYLGL   1    MYLIB/MYPF    0,

  The reason codes and their meanings follow:

  1 - Access path was not in a valid state. The system invalidated the
access path.
-----------------------------------
what does # 1 mean(above)?

MYLGL  has two keyfields (FLD1,  FLD2) ,
My SQL said         select * from MYLGL where FLD1  = 'ABC'   and FLD2   =
12345

So I had two literal values in my where clause matching using the
keyfields.

(BTW,   I tried the PF the first time and it had the same results and
message)

I have about 17 million records in the physcal file.

What / Why      "System has invalidated the access path"     ???

John Carr