From: Bill [mailto:brobins3d@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 10:57
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Visual Basic SQl statement

Mike,

Does it work correctly in MS Query, but throws an error when doing the
download to your application?  If so, this seems to be an error in MS's
products; they seem to cast the parameter's data type incorrectly.  Usually
when I've had problems it's because I'm trying to use a parameterized query
with a numeric field being one of the parameters.  This doesn't seem to be
your case, but I'll share what I do anyways.  Use the Digits() function to
turn your numeric field into an alpha/numeric field and then compare to a
character value.

In your case, the Where statement should be changed to:
Digits(PZBSB) > '00000000'

Bill