Regarding how to take Officevision help documents to UIM help panels-

The redbook is:

SG24-5406-00
IBM Redbooks | How to Replace OfficeVision/400 in Your Applications:
Looking at Domino for AS/400 and AS/400 Alternatives

The abstract is at:
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/9445fa5b416f6e32852569ae006bb65f/dc0930ee21136b8d862567890063cfa1?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,officevision

See chapter 14

--
-Jeff

New email address: jlcrosby@dilgardfoods.com

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.
--
[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
IBM[1] Skip to main content[2] Redbooks All IBM      Home[3]  |  Products &

Redbook Abstract
How to Replace OfficeVision/400 in Your Applications: Looking at Domino for
AS/400 and AS/400 Alternatives
Abstract . In February 1999, IBM announced that OS/400 Version 4 Release 4 is
the last release of the operating system that OfficeVision/400 and
OfficeVision JustMail for OS/400 will support. IBM does not plan to enhance
OfficeVision/400 or JustMail to support any future versions or releases of
OS/400. This redbook describes Domino for AS/400 and AS/400 alternative
services and APIs. It also provides several sample applications, including
OfficeVision/400 sample applications, as a starting point. It is intended for
use by those AS/400 customers, Business Partners, and software vendors who
have developed applications that use the functions included in, or associated
with, OfficeVision/400. It is also suitable for those who wish to develop
similar new applications without previous experience with OfficeVision/400.
According to the OfficeVision/400 has Software Services Extended software
announcement 299-192, dated July 20, 1999, the support for OfficeVision/400
(5769-WP1 and 5649-WP3) will be extended to one additional OS/400 release
after Version 4 Release 4. Many customers are now looking to discontinue the
use of OfficeVision/400. Many have started moving to Lotus Domino for AS/400
for their mail and calendaring needs and for building modern groupware,
Internet-enabled applications.
However, customers must consider the AS/400 line of business applications they
have that use OfficeVision/400 APIs. In many cases, they may not even know
that they are using OfficeVision/400 APIs. It is important for them to
identify in what ways they depend on OfficeVision/400.
Customers also need to select the best option to replace functions using
OfficeVision/400 services. This may be to redesign the application to become a
partly Domino application, to change the AS/400 program to call Domino APIs,
or to use an add-on product to Domino. It also may be using other AS/400
available functions or applications. Read this redbook to learn about the
alternatives that are available for you. . Table of Contents . Migrating from
OfficeVision/400
Chapter 1. OfficeVision/400
Chapter 2. Looking at OfficeVision/400 usage
Chapter 3. Looking at alternatives for OfficeVision/400
Chapter 4. The migration and coexistence project
Part 2. Replacing OV/400 APIs
Chapter 5. Calendar services
Chapter 6. Directory services
Chapter 7. Distribution services
Chapter 8. Document library services
Chapter 9. Editor services
Chapter 10. Administrator and security functions
Chapter 11. Miscellaneous services
Part 3. Sample applications
Chapter 12. Calendar services samples
Chapter 13. Data/text merge services samples
Chapter 14. Help sample
Chapter 15. Distribution services samples
Chapter 16. Document library services samples
Part 4. Appendices
Appendix A. OfficeVision/400 related CL commands, APIs, user exits
Appendix B. OfficeVision/400-related database files
Appendix C. Applications and tools
Appendix D. IBM OfficeVision/400 support withdrawal announcement
Appendix E. OV/400 software services extension announcement
Appendix F. Migration tools for AS/400 Version 2
Appendix G. Migration tools for AS/400 Version 2.2
Appendix H. BNDW for AS/400
Appendix I. EverGreen/400
Appendix J. DTM for AS/400
Appendix K. Intelligent Text Processing/Client Server
Appendix L. Data/Text Merge for Notes/Domino
Appendix M. Description of the command TOFCVTSF
Appendix N. Example programs . This Redbook View Online (tips[23]) HTML[24]
PDF[25] [ 3.8 MB ] Order Hardcopy[26] CD-ROMs
SK2T-8037-07[27]
SK2T-2849-11[28]
SK2T-8039-06[29] Additional Material[30] Review Redbook[31] Profile Publish
Date 21-September-1999 Lead Author Robert Boutault Other Authors Litrik De Roy
Daniel Sieber
John Taylor ISBN 0738414166 IBM Form Number SG24-5406-00 Number of pages 376
About
IBM[32]  |  Privacy[33]  |  Legal[34]  |  Contact[35] Redbooks Home[36]