V4R5M0

I am using an OVRPRTF with a STRQMQRY OUTPUT(*PRINT) ...... command.  What I
am trying to do is to use the USRDTA parm on the OVRPRTF command to display
some text.  No matter how I code the USRDTA parm, that text does not show up
when doing a WRKSPLF under the "User Data" column.  Am I missing or not
understanding something?

The following is the CL:

/* Over Ride the Printer File                                        */
             OVRPRTF    FILE(QPQXPRTF) TOFILE(QPQXOBJPF) +
                          USRDTA('TYOPS')
/* Run The Query  -  Taylor DNR Report - Bulk Shipments              */
             STRQMQRY   QMQRY(TAYDNRRPT) OUTPUT(*PRINT) +
                          QMFORM(QGPL/TAYDNRRPT) DATETIME(*NO) +
                          PAGNBR(*NO) SETVAR((HLDDTE &HLDDTE) +
                          (TODATE &TODATE))

I have tried the USRDTA with single quotes, double quotes, & no quotes & all
I get on the WRKSPLF display is:

                                                 Device or
Total     Cur
Opt  File                 User             Queue       User Data   Sts
Pages    Page  Copy
       QPQXOBJPF   DMUNRO      DEM                           RDY      16
1
       QPQXOBJPF   DMUNRO      DEM                           RDY       3
1

The following is from a manual about printing from the info center:

USRDTA
Specifies, for spooled output only, the user-specified data that identifies
the file.
*SOURCE: If the spooled file was created by an application program, the name
of the program is used. Otherwise, blanks are used.
user-data: Specify up to 10 characters of text
USRDTA
        Specifies, only if the file is spooled, some user-specified data
that identifies the file on the output queue.

Thanks - Dennis.

Dennis Munro

"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they
go flying by."  Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:

Badger Mining Corporation
www.badgerminingcorp.com
dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com
(920) 361-2388