From: Chris Bipes []
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 10:43 AM
To: ''
Subject: RE:

When we turn off relaying, our web server and AS400 cannot send e-mails out
thru the exchange server if they are not coming from our domain.  We have
been looking at various solutions to this problem, on of which is to have
our AS400 send directly and move the sending from the web server to the
AS400, (since the web server get the data from the AS400 data base.)  But we
really do not want to give our AS400's access to the internet.  Requiring
password validation was one option but we did not know what that would do to
incoming e-mails.  When we heard of NAV SMTP mail store, scan and forward,
well we thought that was the best way to go.

Christopher K. Bipes
Operations & Network Mgr
CrossCheck, Inc.
6119 State Farm Drive     Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park CA  94928    Fax: 707 586-1884