I've never done this.... Will it take a long time because I've
never done this? I don't think anyone else here has either....

> When was the last time you did a RGZPFM to reclaim deleted records?

Also, I did do this and it took a looonnnnggg time to run.
I did find 3 very large files (size > 1,000,000,000). One
of them is the application log for mapics (size=9,999,999,999).
It's in an environment that doesn't get used, so I'm working
on cleaning that up - it will probably take all day.  Another
was a JRNRCV file for one of our test environments - I went in
and stopped journaling and deleted the file. Another one is
the "Master file and data area savefile" for our mapics backup.
I'll have to figure out what that is and if I can clean it up.

> To get answers now, if at all possible,  instead of waiting for RTVDSKINF
> run later, you should run Dspobjd *all/*all *all to an outfile as
> suggested
> in an earlier reply.
>
> Use WRKQRY to create two queries, one by object size descending, the other
> library summary with an object size total.  The guilty parties then show
> themselves:  too many objects in qrplobj ( need to ipl ), library qspl has
> lot of space used ( too many spooled files, need to rplsplstg ), save
> files
> have not been cleared ( need to get tough and break some arms ), ....
>
> Dspobjd may run for a while ( 30 minutes ). You should run it in batch as
> qsecofr. Also the outfile might reach its default capacity.  I get around
> that by running DSPOBJD to an outfile on a single object.  Call the
> outfile
> "qgpl/dspobjd". After running the dspobjd on the single object, CHGPF
> QGPL/DSPOBJD Size(*NoMax).
>
> Good luck,
>
> Steve Richter

THANKS :)