Oh, this is an inflammatory and self-serving comment if ever I saw one.
Those of us who actually have published freeware and devoted countless hours
to the propagation of architecture which you disdainfully call "elegant and
pure", but which we call "correct", would be offended were the motivation
not so transparent.

Some people think the move towards bloatware is hastened by code generators
such as LANSA; that argument has been overdone here and elsewhere, mostly by
me.  It is indeed my opinion that the entire software development process
needs to be rethought before we turn the iSeries into a big, clunky ODBC
server.  Then there are those who wish to simply fulfill RFPs with no regard
to the direction of the platform.  Each type of consultant has their place
in the world.

But to intimate that we who promote proper architecture are doing it solely
to keep ourselves in business, while in the nearly the same breath promoting
your favorite code generator, smacks just a bit of "she doth protest too
much".

Joe Pluta
Architect and Proud Of It
www.plutabrothers.com
Adapting Tomorrow's Architectures to Today's Applications