>I've heard it was like the old
>Burroughs mainframe coding - one program >invocation would speak to
>all 100 or 500 terminals, on a >transaction basis. Stateless
>transactions (like on the web) and you >have to keep track of all
>the user states yourself - you are >talking to all of them on the
>same program thread.

You don't have to look to Burroughs for
an example of this.  RPG has the MRT or
"multiple requester terminal" concept.
IBM may have dropped it when they
invented RPG II or RPG III. I haven't
seen it used for a really long time...

-- Charly

"If you wanna end the war and stuff you gotta
sing loud." -- Arlo Guthrie

For their next act, they'll no doubt be buying a firewall running under NT,
which makes about as much sense as building a prison out of meringue.  --
Tanuki

Charly Jones
253 265-6244
Gig Harbor