So did I.  That's why I'm a "former" business partner.

IMHO, IBM lost touch with the fact that we, as a professional community, sell
solutions, not boxes.

I would sit at these "meetings" which amounted to nothing more than a pep rally
with the promise of a box of steaks to whomever sold the most of whatever for
the month.

Give me a break.  I'm not sure which was worse, IBM doing the pitch or the other
business partners drooling over the steaks.

There has been a shift in culture in this country since I started in this field
of endeavor.  Maybe not.  I don't know.  Maybe I was just nieve in my youth and
I've finally learned the "real" way that the Fortune 100 operate.

But I don't care.  I'm staying on my path.  I'm sticking with solutions.