Re: Tiered pricing - a vendor's perspective

fixed

From: "Peter Dow" <pcdow@yahoo.com>
> The first thought that jumped to mind was that yes, a larger
> box _could_ support more users, or it could just be used by
> a single user who wants a special job (like weather simulation,
> war game simulation, etc) to finish sometime today.

To be realistic, Peter, how many 400s are used for simulation?  Also, your
argument implies that something like simulation would run faster on a 400
than an Intel box, which isn't true.  It seems to me that 400s are used for
multi-user business applications because that's what it's architecture is
designed for, and where it's value lies.

Nathan M. Andelin
www.relational-data.com