909 425-0196 fax

From: "Ian J. Forsyth" <iforsyth@360GROUP.com>
I seem to be getting binary zeroes in the transferred data.
I just uploaded a text file into a source file member with the word
TEST in it.   I merely opened notepad typed TEST, saved the
file as TEST.TXT, and did the ftp transfer.

Here's what the hex view looks like--field names below.  The
text apears to start with the srcdta field.

 000100000000˙ūT E S T
 FFFFFFFFFFFFD8E0C0E0E
 000100000000FE3050203

 S     S     S
 R     R     R
 C     C     C
 S     D     D
 E     A     T
 Q     T     A

I know I can probably copy to a physical file
and do a convert source, but what's really frustrating
is that the IBM SQL Server Conversion Article tells you to
FTP your sql text file directly into your source file member.
Can this kind of transfer be done?