Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 1:14 AM
Subject: using TELNET (in batch mode) to send e-mail

Thanks very much for the site of the SNDM utility Rob Ward sent to the list
and which seems to be exactly the one I was looking for concerning the
above problem.
My aim here is to allow users to run options that would extract data from
various files and e-mail these as attachments to themselves or to a
specific e-mail address.
I have already downloaded the utility and presently compiling it. The one
hiccup I am encountering (but surely this appears very minor to some of
you) is that, according to the SNDM documentation, the attachment is to be
in the form of a stream file. I am not at all conversant with the concept
of a stream file. I suppose it is possible to convert a physical file to a
stream file?? Could you please explain the steps how this is to be done?

or email: