Hello Tim,

HP Jet Direct boxes use port 9100 if single port model
and the ports 9100, 9101, 9102 and 9103 on the three LPT / one Serial
port model.
This is the value that goes to the "port" field in the DEVD of that printer.
There is a good explanation on this topic in IBM software Knowledge base,
do a search for *LAN 3812 PJL Device Descriptions.

HTH, Philipp Rusch