If running them all at once as Jim suggests doesn't give you what
you are looking for, try running them one at a time without
memory contention.  Try a batch subsystem with a single threaded
job queue and a _dedicated_ pool of memory.  Not *BASE, not a
*SHRPOOL, not shared with any other process.  If you give a batch
job enough dedicated memory - they sometimes run a lot faster.  You
can tell if you have enough memory by watching the "non-database
faulting rate" on the WRKSYSSTS screen.  If you have more than a
few faults per second for an elapsed time of several minutes, you can
probably speed up that phase of that batch job by adding memory to the
dedicated pool it is running in.

The amount of memory required for some batch jobs to run well in
a dedicated environment is suprisingly small... sometimes 5 or 10
megabytes is plenty.

Try both settings of "expert cache"  - sometimes it makes a big
difference, but it depends on the job which setting is better.

Charly Jones
253 851-9876
Gig Harbor Washington