I wouldn't make any changes based on the results of these numbers. The only
time I would change a security scheme is if:
   The current scheme was too hard to understand or manage
   I needed more performance from an app and I addressed every other
   possible performance issue before I started looking at security changes

It is quite possible that changing your security scheme will not result in
noticable performance improvement. With changes that have been made since
V3R1 and higher in the OS security checking algorithm (e.g. caching
authority lookup results), it is not clear that changing security schemes
will buy you anything.

If you have a really convoluted security scheme for a highly accessed
object(s), it is possible that implementing a more straight forward
security scheme might buy you some performance. The additional advantages
of changing to a more easy to manage security scheme (i.e. lower
administrative costs) would make this change worthwhile even if there were
no performance benefit. If you already have an easy to manage scheme and
change it to try for more performance, you could end up with the same
performance and higher administrative costs.

Patrick Botz
Senior Software Engineer
IBM Rochester
(507) 253-0917, T/L 553-0917