I am VERY interested in how the fax thing works out for you as I was
planning to upgrade to V5R1 also until I found out about the 2664 fax cards.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: rob@dekko.com [mailto:rob@dekko.com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 9:32 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: upgrade to v5r1

Regarding the change from 5798-TBY to 5798-FAX and the use of 2664 cards on
V5R1.

I called support and opened up incident 28696,500.

I was told:
1)  The 2664 will work on V5R1.  But it is not officially supported.
2)  Your existing 2664 configuration will automatically switch and work
when you upgrade.
3)  You can even configure a new 2664 with the new software.
4)  If you choose to turn on the system value to allow you to increase the
number of spool files per job then you may be causing the 2664 some
problems.

What the heck.  I will be upgrading a 730-2C6E from V4R5 to V5R1 tonight.
It has a pair of 2664 cards that are mission critical.  I've assigned the
upgrade to someone else and will go camping, out of state, this weekend.

By the way we will be doing the following this weekend, and keep very
extensive notes.
upgrading a 720-206A from V4R5 to V5R1
upgrading a 730-2C6E from V4R5 to V5R1
putting the latest cum on our V5R1 830-23D1
putting the latest cum on our V5R1 820-23A2 (our development machine -
upgrade planned for near future)
putting the latest cum on our V4R5 40S-2111 (older wireless scanners do not
support V5R1-they'll pass thru to upgraded 400's from here)
upgrading our 170-2291 from V4R5 to V5R1 (dekko.com)
leaving our 270-2454 alone (can you believe it?  We have a 24x7x52 backup
400 for our email but not for ERP, accounting, payroll, etc)
upgrading our 720-206F from V4R5 to V5R1 (in the future we will combine
this with our existing development machine to make our super development
machine - I love my boss)