I also have never been to an IBM tech conference & have had a hard time
getting my hands on the schedule of what will be at up coming conferences,
but at IBM classes I picked up a printed copy of ONE of the conferences
agenda then asked IBM if the agenda from one conference to the next is pretty
much the same stuff except for being updated to reflect latest versions of OS
& software.  They replied in the affirmative.

So, you might consider pursuing the same approach I did to get at a picture
of what is at these conferences.

I have been at other technical conferences, although none recently.
I have a vague recollection of COMMON where I selected what events I planned
to attend & to a degree made my agenda up as I went along, based on personal
fatigue ... time for a break ... Ok I am good to go again ... in which most
presentations were "open" ... I just walked in the door in which the speakers
did not know in advance how many people going to show up, or if the
presentation was not at the speed I wanted, I would slip out the door & go
into another presentation down the hall.

When a seminar presenter sees me sitting up front with my notebook out, that
means I know your reputation & I know I need to know more about this topic &
this will not be one of the events I will be sneaking out of, in the middle.

It was only the labs that we needed to get tickets for in advance, but the
folks running the labs could gauge demand based on ticket sales & add
sections if it looked like they were warranted.