>Synapse attaches to the same AS400 ports that CAE does.

Are the interfaces to those ports documented?

I read recently that there is an rfc for the 5250 version of telnet. Is that
true?  Are there other as400 specific tcp/ip rfc documents?

>I believe the twinax spec is published by IBM.  I remember that IBM charged
>$100,000 for documentation to internal AS400 workings   Then, when Microsoft

Someone willing to die for the cause should release those documents onto the
internet.  Kind of like the release of the pentagon papers<g>.

I am a wanna be software developer, but my main interest is just knowing more
about the internals of the system for curiosity sake and knowing why ibm thinks
it is so bad for it to be published.

Thanks Jerry,

-Steve