This server is used by Client Access Express to handle mapped network
drives.  See
<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com:80/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/qb3aux03>

The remote PC could be just about anything like opening an IFS file,
changing the files attributes, creating new files, deleting files, etc.
It's possible that the remote site is trying to map a drive to somewhere
in the IFS and not finding it and continuously retrying.  You can
identify what's going on with an exit program that records all of the
events.  This will at least show you the file that the user is trying to
access and what they're trying to do.  This may be enough of a hint.

Depending on your version of OS/400, there may be PTFs to fix your
problem.  See, for example, PTF SF60551.  What version of OS/400 are you
on?

Gary