  • Subject: Re: batch job that uses a dspf.
  • From: "Steve Richter" <srichter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 02:01:11 -0400

Alexei,
are you sure that interactive is any job that uses a dspf ?

the ibm doc on this subject says:
"In general, the Type column of the Work with Active Jobs (WRKACTJOB)
command will tell you which jobs are considered interactive (type = INT).
These are all jobs that were initiated by signing on at a 5250 display
device."

other evidence to the contrary:

1. an interactive sbs can be defined as a sbs that contains a workstation
entry. ( addwse ).
2. ibm supplied interactive cmds like strpdm and wrkactjob and cmd prompting
do not work in a batch job that acquires its device. Even when you override
the ibm supplied dspf to the acquired device.

question to all: do batch jobs that are submitted to an interactive sbs on a
server model cause the CFINT job to run and degrade performance just as an
interactive job?

Steve