  • Subject: RE: WRKJOB JOBNAME (w/o userID&job#)
  • From: "Debbie Panco" <dpanco43@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:55:55 -0400

Dan,
  I did the same thing in 93.  But mine has the nice screen.  A subfile that
contains all the jobs
and their current status (outq,jobq, active, etc) and you can select the one
you want to look at
or select more than one and it will return to and redisplay the screen when
you are done.  I
also set it up so that you can use it on a user name and it will bring up
all of that user's jobs.
Also same as you, it is just a regular old RPG program.   (Sorry to say
though that due to
company policy, we can't share it.)

Debbie

>Dan,

>I rolled my own with a job API (QUSLJOB) and some user space API's and
brute ignorance.
>Its pretty basic but lets you look up jobs using only partial job name.  eg
QPADEV*
>I wrote it originally to KILL some BPCS SMG worlds before the nightly
backups.  As they're
>cunningly named with a similar prefix this utility works a treat.
>I then added simple code to let you look at the spool files or work with
job or hold/release
jobs using qcmdexc to run cl >commands.  Implememted it as a command so
doesn't build a
nice screen simply builds list of jobs in user space then applies >required
action to all jobs in list.