LPAR and  HA solutions are the only way to  fly on a 24x7x365 operation
or any that  have restricted or insufficient  backup/recovery  windows and
to  also cover planned and unplanned downtime.

I have no  financial interest in  any of the 3 HA vendors
( Vision , Lakeview, Data Mirror)  but do have preferences.

HA is  also  far more  responsive then running off to a DR site in  a disaster

Glenn Ericson,
Phoenix Consulting LLC ,  New York , NY USA
Ph.(718)898 9805
  mailto:Glenn-Ericson@att.net

At 05:38 PM 04/12/2001 -0400, Terry Herrin wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:53:59 -0500, Edward Koziol wrote:
>There's always LPAR and High Availability solutions available to enhance
>your 7 x 24 operation!

That's right.  We're running Vision Solutions OMS Gold Suite, and we
do OS and system model upgrades with less than one hour of total
downtime to our users.  We usually do upgrades in the middle of the
week, since we prefer to not work weekends.  Plus vendor support is
more available should we run into any problems.

Terry Herrin
New Hanover Regional Medical Center