  • Subject: Re: IPL source: ##MACH#A - Uh oh
  • From: D.BALE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:56:00 -0400

>IPLing from A means it loads the OS which includes all the Permanently
>applied PTFS, but none of the Temporary applied PTFs.

What if there are no Permanently Applied cume PTFs?  Others have mentioned the
Superseded cume PTFs listed mean that they were once applied, but in the
absence of a Permanently Applied cume, it is my thinking that, when the cume
that is currently "Temporarily Applied" was installed, that process threw in
all of the superseded cume PTFs as a reference.  I have another box that shows:
  PTF
  ID       Status
  TL98314  Temporarily applied
  TL98069  Superseded
  TL97343  Permanently applied
  TL97252  Superseded
  TL97161  Superseded
  TL97105  Superseded
  TL97056  Superseded
  etc.

Given what I've been told about the previous AS/400 sys admin-type activities
in this organization, I would bet any amount of money that not all of the
superseded cumes were ever loaded.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company