I spoke to Bill yesterday.  The disk analysis he is running is left over in
the Enhanced Upgrade Assistant (EUA) from the days when we would reformat
CISC DASD and reuse it for RISC.  He is buying a system with 24GB usable,
and he has plenty.  The existing DASD and system will be available for a
(very small) boat anchor).

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    Pat Barber

                    <mboceanside@worldne        To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

                    t.att.net>                  cc:

                    Sent by:                    Subject:     Re: Cisc to Risc
Disk Requirement
                    owner-midrange-l@mid

                    range.com

                    04/03/01 04:21 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

Very unlikely you can upgrade to any of the newer releases with
just 3 gig now. Most of the V4XX require at least a gig or more
depending on the products installed. If the customer requires 2.5
gig, it just ain't gonna fit...... A new drive of any flavor doesn't
cost that much. Used drives would also be an option. The size of
OS/400 does not appear to be getting any smaller..... I would
assume you are getting another machine anyway...

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com