  • Subject: Re: Branches down. Any ideas?
  • From: Sean Porterfield <sporter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 18:12:18 -0500

I'm not sure of anything since the entire setup belongs to the company
we merged with.  I know that the 400 can ping the remote routers, but
not the remote controllers.  The routers keep the sessions up, which is
very misleading to troubleshooting.

I've got a Motorola guru who's going to look at it first thing in the
morning (can't get a phone line to the modem tonight for him to dial
into.)  It's tough being in another state from the box!  I have to use
pasthru on a 9600 bps modem on the same line that would be used to dial
the router, so we can't both be on at once.

I can use APING, but I'm sure the local router is answering.  To make it
more fun, I don't know the IP addresses of the remote routers...

Time to go home!
Thanks for the help.