  • Subject: Re: Help Identify Old AS/400 !!!
  • From: "Alexei Pytel" <pytel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:03:09 -0600

2593 is F45 processor card.
3142 is 32MB memory card.
2700x2 are two DASD books - 2 DASD units in each.

    Alexei Pytel

Larry Bolhuis <lbolhuis@arbsol.com>@midrange.com on 11/27/2000 02:06:43 PM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

Sent by:  owner-midrange-l@midrange.com

To:   MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
cc:

Cyndi,

  Sounds like a E or F model.  How many rows of LED's are on the
operator panel? 2 Rows="D", 3 Rows="E", 4 Rows="F".  If all was in one
cabinet it's likely a model 35 or 45.

  The 2165 3142 and 2593 features will likely nail it down but that'll
take paper copies of manuals I have only in my office!  Maybe someone
else has old AS/400 Handbooks at the ready?

  Hope this helps.

  - Larry

Cyndi Bradberry wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> A programmer bought at a local auction an AS/400 for $1.50 (Yup !). We
only
> know that it is an AS/400 because that is on the front. He took it apart
> trying to figure out what it it. We would like help identifying the
proper
> model. Here are the specifics:
>
> It is a beige, rack mounted system. It has a manufacture date of 1993.
>
> It was marked as a 9406 with the number 10-B3126 on the rack.
>
> There were these feature cards installed:
>
> 2617 Ethernet/IEEE 8023 CMSA/CA Adapter
> 2621 Tape Controller (runs both a 9348 and 7208 8 mm drive)
> 2615 with 6152 and 2641 sub-cards mounted on it.
> 6050 x 4 Twinax controller cards
> 6500 DASD controller (9337 4x1GB)
> 3142 Memory ?
> 2623 Communication card (ASYNC) with 6153 x 2 and 2600 Sub-cards
> 2593 ?
> 2700 x 2  ?
>
> We would appreciate any help in identifying this system (pictures are
> wonderful) and the feature cards. He (the other programmer) remembers a
book
> that listed all the feature cards by number, but we can't find it on the
IBM

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com

--