  • Subject: Re: Connecting CA Express via Internet to AS/400
  • From: "Gary Kuznitz " <docfxit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 19:24:31 -0800

Hi Mike,

Thanks for asking,  I forgot to mention if I wanted to use SSL or the normal
CA in my first post.  Right now I am thinking I would like to use the normal
CA.  With this one project I am doing I really don't care if anyone sees the
screens or the user and password.  I would like to turn on SSL but I'm not
sure I have all the parts yet.  I did install the latest service pack and the
latest
Java update for SSL so I think the remote PC is ready for it.  On the 400 I
have v4r4 so that is ready to go.  In my reading I think I need one of the
following program products on the 400:

5769-CE1 = 40bit encryption
5769-CE2 = 56bit
5769-CE3 = 128bit

I currently don't have any of them on the 400.  I need to find out if they came
with this 150 or if it's a separate billable product.  I would also need to
open
up what ever ports are required for SSL in Winroute.

So I guess to answer your question it would be nice to know how to
configure a session both with and without SSL.  Today I only need a normal
CA connection.

Thanks,

Gary Kuznitz