• Subject: Re: Problem with two Pfiles in a logical ?
  • From: VWilliamson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:56:04 -0600

You wrote,
> 1) We I run a RPG-ILE program using the new logical the program blows
> with an error stating that the record format was used more than once.

Several people have replied suggesting you use 2 format names.  We have
used this technique also, but there are 2 other options we use also:

1.  If your key fields are the same as the physical, then define the
physical file in your program and OVRDBF to the logical in your CLP.
2.  In RPGIV you can use the INCLUDE keyword with the format name, and your
program should compile.

We have many logicals over multiple files with the same format name.  We
usually use one of the above in our programs.

Valene M. Williamson
Dallas, TX