  • Subject: Re: Backup performance (CFINT)
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 10:34:34 -0500

Jeff,

What ptf's, and for which releases do you have it for?  What I am getting
to is the following.  Download the ptf cross reference and check it.  The
original purpose of the cross reference was 'Gee, I have this ptf for VxRy,
which just came out, what is the equivalent for VaRb?'.  For example if you
download SF98450, you'll find the cross reference from V4R4 to V4R5 is
SF97035.  Scan this for the V4R5 ptf SF03793 and you'll see the V4R4 ptf
SF03699.

Will this help?

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    Jeff Crosby

                    <jlcrosby@fwi.com>         To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                   cc:

                    owner-midrange-l@mi        Subject:     Re: Backup
performance (CFINT)
                    drange.com

                    11/07/00 09:18 AM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

neilp@dpslink.com wrote:

> There were PTF's issued for a problem where an active (signed on user's)
> message queue was not saved during backup.
> What release are you running ?

V3R2.  Another response to me also said there was a PTF available.  I
searched PTF cover letters and could not find one.

> Also, don't forget that not saving a message queue isn't a show stopper
> anyway.  If you had to restore from the backup, the message queue would
be
> recreated the first time the user signed on anyway.  Chances are any
> messages in the message queue would be too old to be of use by then
> anyway.

Understood on the show stopper.  But, my program does MONMSG for
problems and this causes an *ESCAPE message that not all objects were
saved.

--
-Jeff
The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
david@midrange.com