  • Subject: RE: Retrieving Local Data Area v
  • From: MarkP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:04:26 -0400

Don,

Do you need to programmatically access the LDA for use in an application,
or do you want to be able to see it for support/debugging purposes?

If it is the latter you might want to check out the Enterprise Problem
Solver suite of products from Tango/04.  They have a support product that
allows a support person to "capture" a job.  This allows you to see the
screen up the last keystroke, see the LDA, see QTEMP.  You can also issue
commands within the job so you can fix problems in the LDA or QTEMP as
well.

If you are in the US, you can download the product from
http://www.softlanding.com/

Outside of the US, you can download it from http://www.tango04.com/

Hope this helps.

Mark Phippard
Director of Development
SoftLanding Systems

                    "Fisher, Don"

                    <DRF@HeiligMeyers.c        To:
"'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'" <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    om>                        cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     RE: Retrieving
Local Data Area v
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    09/21/00 09:48 AM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

Thanks, Dan, but authority to DMPSYSOBJ is restricted.

Is there any reason not to give programmers access to this command, like it
would pose a security risk?

Thanks again.

Donald R. Fisher, III
Project Manager
Heilig-Meyers Furniture Company
(804) 784-7500 ext. 2124
Don.Fisher@HeiligMeyers.com

<clip>
Pgm   Parm(&Number &User &JobName)

   Dcl   &Number      *Char     6
   Dcl   &User        *Char    10
   Dcl   &JobName     *Char    10

   StrSrvJob  Job( &Number/&User/&JobName )
   DmpSysObj  Offset( 230 ) Space( 60 400 )
   EndSrvJob

   DspSplF    File( QPSRVDMP ) SplNbr( *Last )
MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com