  • Subject: RE: SAV/RST formats
  • From: bdietz@xxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:32:54 -0400

If you are having problems restoring multiples
from the CD does this sound like it might work?
Create a seperate save file for the different type
objects. Then save all of your "stuff" those save
files. Save all of those save files to the single SAVF
Now that save file contains multiple saves and your
LODRUN could restore the multiples.

Not very elegant sounding but in theory it should work.

I assume you have seen these:
http://www.as400.ibm.com/developer/porting/faq12.html

Bryan Dietz

> I've been working on providing CD media with both LODRUN
> capability and the
> ability to restore multiple objects (and RSTLIBs).  So far, I've figured
> out how to get the QTEMP/QINSTAPP *PGM into a file on CD that
> successfully
> loads and runs with the LODRUN command.  I use no intermediate
> tapes; I do
> create a file on the IFS which I then burn onto a CD from a
> network-attached PC.
>
> I have not yet been successful with restoring multiple objects or
> libraries.
>
> Is there anywhere published a definition of save/restore formats on tape,
> CD and/or *SAVF that I might use to figure out how to do these?  I know
> that there are several proprietary products that accomplish this
> task, but
> they usually use an intermediate scratch tape.
>
> TIA,
> Dave Schnee

Bryan Dietz