  • Subject: RE: Database Trigger Programs
  • From: Bill Erhardt <ERHARDT@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 07:55:21 -0400

There are two fields used to define the before and after images.  They are
defined as pairs and look like the following:
  *************************************
  ** Trigger data map
  **
 D PARM1           DS
 D  FNAME                  1     10
 D  LNAME                 11     20
 D  MNAME                 21     30
 D  TEVENT                31     31
 D  TTIME                 32     32
 D  CMTLCK                33     33
 D  RSVD01                34     36
 D  CCSID                 37     40B 0
 D  RSVD02                41     48
 D  OLDOFF                49     52B 0
 D  OLDLEN                53     56B 0
 D  OONOFF                57     60B 0
 D  OONLEN                61     64B 0
 D  NEWOFF                65     68B 0
 D  NEWLEN                69     72B 0
 D  NNOFF                 73     76B 0
 D  NNLEN                 77     80B 0
 D  RSVD03                81     96

  ****
  ** Old record format
  **
 D  OldData               97   1245
 D  OOMAP               1246   1480

  ****
  * New record data
 D  NEWData             1481   2629
 D  NOMAP               2630   2864

The fields OldData and Newdata are as wide as the triggered files record
length.  In this case the file has a record length of 1149 bytes.  The
fields Oomap and Nomap have one byte for each field in the triggered file.
In this case the file has 235 fields, so the fields are 235 bytes long.
By the way this information is right out of the IBM manuals.