  • Subject: Re: IBM - Get with it.
  • From: booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:08:40 GMT

This is the province of the Business Partners.  Aren't these guys looking
for new business?  Why aren't they putting up their own websites with
powerful selling messages?  Isn't about time that people accepted the idea
that IBM's job does not include doing the business partner's work?

I mean, I haven't seen an Ad in my Sunday newspaper from Ford, Toyota,
Honda, or General Motors in a very long time.  The dealers do it; after
all they are the ones making the sales.

If the AS/400 is such a wonderful web machine, then why don't the AS/400
Business Partners have knock-out demo sites?  Why don't Business Partners
run ads telling their target customer group to "try & buy" on the web
site?

For that matter, why hasn't one of these business partners made an obscene
monetary offer to David to bring the Midrange.com site under their wing,
with him managing it and becoming the de-facto midrange web alpha dog?

Instead I see wringing of hands and renting of garments.  Lets ask the
Business Partners to get with it and do their job.

Booth Martin
Booth@MartinVT.com
http://www.MartinVT.com

"Jim Franz" <franz400@triad.rr.com>