  • Subject: RE: Disk balancing - when
  • From: "Allen, Stu" <sallen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 05:13:08 -0500

To improve the WRKACTJOB response:
Do a DSPJOBTBL and compare the typical figures on there with the system
values QACTJOB,QADLACTJOB, QTOTJOB, and QADJTOTJ. (more info in the Work
Management manual)
Also do a CHGIPLA and f4 - there's an option to compress job tables at IPL
which can help.
You also have a lot of mamory pools set up, but without knowing which pool
is used for what, and seeing the WHSHRPOOL display i can't really say if
that is having an effect on this.

As far as DSKBAL is concerned, there is little point in running it.  There
are much better disk management commands at V4R4 that may help balance load,
but you should consider buying more disk, or switching to RAID instead -
performance starts to suffer over about 75% capacity.
You could try doing a STRDSKRGZ to put the free space in contiguous blocks
though.

Regards,
Stuart

Stuart Allen
European Systems Analyst,  Fellowes
mailto:sallen@fellowes.com

Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged and
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer. Thank you. Fellowes Manufacturing Company.