                From:   mcrump@ballfoster.com [mailto:mcrump@ballfoster.com]
                Sent:   Thursday, January 06, 2000 1:03 AM
                To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                Subject:        Network Station Manager V2.1 and IBM ICS

                Ok, I'm at wit's end here.  I just started working with the
NSM V2.1 and am
                trying to use the IBM ICS as the webserver for
administration.  I cannot get it
                to work:

                I am getting a 403 - Forbidden by rule error on my browser
when I point it to
                http://<SERVERNAME>:2001/NetworkStationV2/admin

                The HTTP server is up and listening on port 2001.  Granted,
I'm no expert in
                HTTP directives but I don't think I'm doing anything
complicated here.  Most of
                the items were generated by the configuration through
Operations Navigator.  Any
                ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

                My admin config file has the following:

                 Map   /networkstationv2/admin /QYTCV2/QYTCMAIN.PGM
                 Pass  /networkstationv2/*
/QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Protect/NetworkStationV2/*

                My default config file has the following:

                Pass /  /QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/HTTPSVR/HTML/Welcome.html
                Pass /sample/*  /QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/HTTPSVR/HTML/*
                IconPath /QIBM/HTTPSVR/Icons/
                AddIcon text.gif     text  text/*
                AddIcon html.gif     html  text/html
                AddIcon binary.gif   bin   application/*
                AddIcon compress.gif Z     application/x-compress
                AddIcon compress.gif gzip  application/x-gzip
                AddIcon image.gif    img   image/*
                AddIcon movie.gif    vid   video/*
                AddIcon sound.gif    au    audio/*
                AddType .java text/plain binary 1.0
                AddType .html text/html  8bit   1.0
                AddType .htm  text/html  8bit   1.0
                AddType .gif  image/gif  binary
                DefaultNetCcsid 00819
                DefaultFsCcsid 00037
                HostName  <SERVERNAME>
                Enable POST
                Enable HEAD
                Enable GET
                Map   /networkstationv2/admin /QYTCV2/QYTCMAIN.PGM
                Pass  /networkstationv2/*
/QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Protect/NetworkStationV2/*
                Pass /flashconfigs/*
/QIBM/UserData/NetworkStationV2/flash/ImageConfigs/*

                Mike

MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.
MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.