  • Subject: Re: Price Increases !!!!! Abandonment rate
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 21:14:17 -0500

OK.  Plan to educate your VP.  One of my customers was purchased a few years
back
by a company with this menatality.  The customer was running JBA and Future/3 on
a CISC AS/400 and Novell for File/Print.  The other organization was installing
NT servers and software.  The list of required NT servers for each location kept
getting longer and longer and the 'firm cutover' date farther and farther out as
they dealt with performance and operational problems in the initial sites.
Additionally when word got out that they had F/3, the requests to process
certain
EDI transactions which the NT package could not handle came pouring in.  After
about 18 months the customer demanded an AS/400 upgrade and was shocked when the
VP agreed! It was because they were the only site where staff hadn't tripled and
the budget was stable. (They had not yet begun to get any of their NT servers!)
AS/400 has not yet taken over the rest of the business but boy they are on the
radar screen now!

 - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis         | What do You want to Reload today?
Arbor Solutions, Inc  | Don't throw your PC out the window,