  • Subject: Re: Auditing Programmers
  • From: "L. S. Russell" <leslier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 12:32:20 -0600

Why can't you look at their project / completion ratio. If you were to implement
some sort of change management system which also monitored an applications
status
in the development and testing cycle then you could get a better idea of
productivity based at the project level.
I agree with you that monitoring system usage is to easy to fake. I worked at
one
shop where the team leader would look at the time stamp on each record in a
source member to guage how much work was done, even I see the flaw in that
logic.

But one thing is sure, you can't just look at things such as system usage as an
indicator of programmer productivity.

--
L. S. Russell Programmer/Analyst
Datrek Professional Bags, Inc.